Heat Pump Servicing
Like all heating and cooling systems, proper maintenance is the key to the efficient operation of your heat pump system.
The difference between the energy consumption of a well maintained heat pump and a severely neglected one ranges from 10% to 25%.
Along with cleaning the filters once a month, Ezi-Breeze recommends a professional service for your heat pumps every 18 - 24 months.
The benefits of an Ezi-Breeze Service are:
- Gas pressure testing ensures system is not low on gas and compressor is running 100% efficiently.
- Air on/ Air Off/Temperature testing ensures the correct heat is coming out of the wall unit and compressor is running 100% efficiently.
- Filter cleaning - dirty filters block air flow, meaning the unit will work harder. This may lead to increased power consumption.
- Check all electrical terminations as a loose connection could cause a fire.
- Check drains as clear drains eliminate possible water damage.
- Clean decoration panels to keep your unit looking new.
- Inspection is important for corrosion preventative maintenance.
Leaky outdoor units
Depending on the type of heat pump you have, a small amount of condensation or water dripping on the outside of your unit (i.e. outside the house) is normal. But for the most part, your heat pump unit should stay dry whether or not it’s in use.
Blocked outdoor drains may be the result of icing on cold mornings and you should also check to ensure that the drain connections is not blocked where it discharges into the garden or gully trap.
Some units are fitted with a condensate pump which can be prone to leaking due to the high amount of dirt collected during the winter months which can block the pump. Preventative maintenance is recommended.